Resolute to revitalize Hinduism, the great Hindu crusader Adi Shankaracharya founded the Chardham yatra during the 8th century. The name “Char Dham” justly refers to 4 abodes of the Almighty, precisely Gangotri, Kedarnath, Badrinath and Yamnotri. Housed at Garhwal (Uttarakhand), the base of Himalaya, all the aforementioned locations find a grand sanctimonious reverence amongst the Hindus and are linked with divine mythical legends.
Hindus trust that visiting the Char Dham at least once in life will exonerate them from all bodily sins and absolve their souls from the manacles of immorality. Hence each year, Hindus make a beeline for this Yatra and adore the Char Dham by their presence. Though this year’s schedule for the annual Chardham yatra 2012 has not yet been unveiled, it will probably commence in April, enduring right till Diwali.
Some of the broad-ranging geographical aspects that ameliorate the Chardham yatra comprise of Har ki Pauri Haridwar, Yamuna, Prakateshwar cave, Gangotri temple, Mandakini river, Sonpryag, Kedarnath temple, Alaknanda river, Adi Sankracharya Samadhi, Vishnuprayag, Saraswati river, Devprayag, Rishikesh and Laxman Jhoola.
With this propitious ceremony forthcoming, Chardham darshan, an e-portal(chardham-darshan.com) is providing a plethora of yatra packages for all the pilgrims who wish to relish in the blessings of the Hindu deities. The various eye-catching Chardham yatra packages include the following:-
- Chardham Yatra From Delhi- This 11N/12D tour covers places like Haridwar, Mussoorie, Yamunotri, Uttarkashi, Gangotri, Tehri dam, Srinagar Garhwal, Rudraprayag, Gaurikund, Kedarnath, Gopeshwar, Joshimath, Badrinath, Devprayag and Rishikesh, starting and ending at Delhi.
- Chardham Yatra By Helicopter- This 10N/11D tour of Chardham with a helicopter covers places like Haridwar, Mussoorie, Yamunotri, Gangotri, Uttarkashi, Tehri dam, Rudraprayag, Srinagar Garhwal, Kedarnath, Gopeshwar, Chamoli, Badrinath, Rishikesh and Devprayag.
- Chardham Yatra With Gaumukh Trek-This 13N/14D tour encompasses all the sites of Chardham yatra from delhi, along with Gaumukh journey.
- Chardham Yatra From Haridwar-This is a special package for pilgrims who want to embark upon Chardham pilgrimage yatra from Haridwar, a gateway of Dev Bhoomi. The 10N/11D excursion covers all major places associated with Chardham.
- Chardham Bus Tour- This 11N/12D bus tour emanates from Delhi and meanders through Haridwar, Barkot, Yamunotri, Uttarkashi, Gangotri, Kedarnath, Badrinath, Srinagar and Rishikesh. Being in a bus, the visitors can easily visit all the wildlife touring points.
- Kedarnath Badrinath Yatra- This is one of the most impressive tour visiting destinations of Kedarnath and Badrinath. Covering sacred places like Haridwar, Rudraprayag, Chopta, Chamoli, Joshimath, Devprayag and Rishikesh apart from the 2 aforesaid destinations, this tour starts at Delhi and returns to the starting point on the 8th Day.
So, why wait and let grass grow under your feet, rather than book one of the paradigm Chardham yatra packages and make the holy event a grand success?